Another new year is the perfect opportunity to focus on your goals. It’s a time where we can reflect on the choices we’ve made and make changes to improve ourselves. In 2015, make your health a top priority at UNM Truman Health Services.
Taking care of your body is essential to a healthy life, whether you are HIV-positive or not. To improve your physical health this year, you can try to do the following:
- Quit Smoking – Smoking compromises your immune system.
- Limit Drinking – Drinking can interfere with medication adherence.
- Start Exercising – Dancing, walking, jogging, pilates – it all counts!
- Eat Better – More fruit, vegetables, and protein!
- Get Tested – Start off 2015 by knowing your HIV status
If you are living with HIV, make sure to talk about your full range of treatment options with your doctor. At UNM Truman Health Services, you have access to a comprehensive range of care, including behavioral health and complementary therapies.
The way you think about things is just as important as taking care of your physical health. This year, you can prioritize your behavioral health by:
- Keeping a gratitude journal
- Going to a support group
- De-stressing your routine
- Visiting a counselor or therapist
- Learning a new skill
UNM Truman Health Services is an essential behavioral health resource for people living with HIV in Albuquerque, NM. Our case managers can connect you with professionals and support groups that can improve your well-being and enhance your quality of life.
To improve your health in 2015, you can start by practicing self-care. Self-care is about doing what makes you happy and celebrating that. It’s an investment in yourself. Here are some self-care ideas for the new year:
- Get a massage
- Make your home more comfortable
- Change your appearance
- Give a gift for no reason
- Indulge in your favorite foods
- Start budgeting “me-time”
Self-care is about making yourself a priority. No matter what it is that makes you happy – you can make it happen at UNM Truman Health Services. Contact us today to start your self-care in 2015 by scheduling a FREE rapid HIV test.